Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trust, Work and Play

Yesterday was the hottest Saturday of the year so far, 100 in the shade at Millpond. Janet invited me to come and take pictures of her working with Chato, and it was so fun I hardly noticed the heat.

According to Janet yesterday was a typical day with Chato, who she is spending three or four hours a day with. The hard work is paying off. This is the most talented and intelligent horse I think I've ever seen, whatever Janet asks of him, he does. Janet is also a naturally gifted trainer and rider, and together they are amazing to watch!
They get started in the enclosed round pen:









Out to the big arena to ride and work on their amazing trust:






Time to get up:


And off with the saddle:




Concentrating on form in the jumping arena, Navajo whip in teeth:



Over the jumps!




After the work, a little bit of play. Mom has the coolest hat to munch:




All signs point to blue skies ahead for Janet and Chato in the Mustang Challenge!

Coming next week - Janet and Chato in the Bishop Mule Days Parade!!


















1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME JANET
WONDERFUL WEBSITE DAVE,
AND MT ARTICLE ABOUT YOU AND CHATO. WOW, MUSTANGS ARE GREAT HORSES. I'M SOLD. NOW I JUST NEED TO GET ME A RANCH.
I KEEP THE MT POSTED WITH THAT GREAT PICTURE OF YOU AND CHATO (that brings a smile to my face) TO REMIND ME OF THE GOOD THINGS WE CAN DO IN LIFE. I HOPE CHATO GETS A COMPASSIONATE OWNER.
GO JANET****************************************
Jane Kenyon